Monday, September 6, 2010

Yesterday and Today

I decided to do #2 WOD for the games. But, before that we did Death by 10's. Which consists of running ten M every minute. Increasing by one run every minute. So you do 1 then 2 and then 3 and so on every minute until you can not make the runs within the minute.

18 RDs PR

Competition WOD:

21-15-9

Burpees
Thrusters 95#
Box Jumps 24'

7:12

This workout again, was like the 1st WOD for the competition....a lot harder in person then on paper. Felt slow and wish I could have done better, but it is all relevant. Hoping to beat that time next Saturday.

Then did Clean and Jerk Max weight within 5 minutes of workout. (This is how it will be for the competition, I did it about 10 minutes after)

225-245-255PR-265PR-275PR-285PR

I was very pumped about these lifts and have them all on tape. But, I am skeptical about the weights. I have a feeling it was 10-20# less then what I have recorded. I am hoping I am wrong but I have a gut feeling. I am going to post 265# as my new PR and not change it until I get 285#.

Today:

Happy Labor Day!!

Got to the gym today and started off with Max Front Squat with Rep scheme 3-3-3-3-3-3.

225#-235#-245#-255#-265#-275#-275#

Never done this before so the 275 is a PR. Then we went into an AMRAP for 15 Minutes.

3 Power Cleans 55% of Max (used 185#)
3 Rds of Cindy (1 Rd is 5 pullups - 10 Push ups - 15 Body squats)

Finished with 4 Rds + 3 Power Cleans.

I did not push very hard but took it easy on the WOD. I think this is the first time since doing Crossfit that I have ever done this. It was nice, I didn't get tired, yet felt I worked out. It is good to do the week of a competition. Can't wait until Saturday's Competition!

Until then, I will keep trying to get better.


NU

No comments:

Post a Comment