Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I like Chippers....like.....THE DIRTY DOZEN

I have been writing down workouts I want to do like a mad man. Everyone I write I look at it to make sure it will make me uncomfortable and that it will make me better. I knew I had a day off from Crossfit Football (Wed and Sun and OFF days). So, I was contemplating what I would do.....the decision was simple once I jumped on the main site. A chipper! A chipper is a long workout with multiple movements, sometimes high rep, low rep, high weight, low weight.....it is an anything goes workout. Here is what sparked my eye:

For time: THE DIRTY DOZEN

25 Walking lunge steps
20 Pull-ups
50 Box jumps, 20 inch box
20 Double-unders
25 Ring dips
20 Knees to elbows
30 Kettlebell swings, 2 pood
30 Sit-ups
20 Hang squat cleans, 35 pound dumbells
25 Back extensions
30 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball
3 Rope climb ascents (12 Ft rope)

I walked in and said..."I am doing the Main Site WOD!" The gym ended up doing it so I guess I didn't need to really emphasis I was doing it. But, I wanted to make sure I got to! This was also a good workout because FGB is this Saturday and instead of doing that workout I was able to do something like it that I could push through the whole way. There were a few hick-ups....I had to really break up the ring dips, knees to elbows, wall balls after the first 15, and the KB swings (used a 70# DB). All in all I was happy......I can do better with lots more work:

12:35

After the WOD I did some snatch work:

3 x 135
3 x 155
2 x 185 (failed on the second one and tried 2 more times with no success)

Working hard to get better....rest of the day will be off and hope to spend quality time with the Family after work!

Last nights Deadlift workout:

3 x 2 325#
3 x 2 345#
1 x 1 375#

Felt lighter and had little rest between sets. The 375# felt very heavy though and my back was still a little sore from last time. Going to continue to do this twice a week, increasing weight and reps when needed.

NU

1 comment:

  1. ok ok ok i'll beat your time on the dirty dozen, with a little change on the exercises, because of my current situation...alright i am only joking...but seriously....check out the one that i posted if you like chippers i think that you'll like this

    ReplyDelete