Monday, September 13, 2010

Crossfit Fittest in the Region

Well, the competition is over and there ended up being 4 WOD's. It was so much fun! There were 15 Elite Men that competed and all were awesome people. I also wanted to say thank you to Crossfit Crown Point for putting on the event. The first event went well and I got 2nd place overall behind Brandon who is the owner of Crossfit South Bend where I train. I got 9:12 and he got 8:28 just killing the workout which was:

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

Deadlift 225#
KB Swings 1.5 Pood
Chest 2 Bar pullups

The 2nd was one that I felt really good about:

21-15-9

Burpees
Thrusters 95#
Box Jumps 24'
Then Ground to Overhead Max within 5 Minutes for the workout

I finished 1st in 6:48 and Brandon got 2nd place in 8 Minutes something (cant remember exactly, sorry Brandon).

The Ground to Overhead I did 255# which was exactly what I was shooting. I was excited and won that part of the event also.

The 3rd workout was a Max wattage on the rower in 3 rows. This one I got 5th place on with a pull of 614. Not what I would have hoped for but it was my first time and had no idea what to expect.

The final WOD is a hard one to explain:

3 Rds:

There was a 5 Foot wall and you had to throw a 40# sandbag over and then jump over doing this 5 times
sled push that weighed around 165# 100M
then switch a grab a sled weighing around 165# and pull it back 100M
last 15 OHS 95#

I finished 1st in 8:33 (4 Minutes faster then 2nd Place)

I was very excited and won overall, but Brandon was right there the whole time and we really represented the gym going 1st and 2nd place overall. I can't wait for another competition and signed up for one in Baltimore that is Nov. 6th that I am hoping to be able to compete in. We also have decided to have a competititon in the Box in January. Very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment