Monday, May 31, 2010

Another let down

Well, I just ran the Indianapolis Geist half marathon and low and behold.....I quit the run!!

Now I finished the race but when I hit mile ten I "quit" the run....meaning I walked. And I didnt just walk for a minute or two I walked for about 10 minutes and even nabbed some runners to pout with me. I walked for over 10 minutes and chit chatted with other runners turned walkers. I had not trained hard but figured I had ran a few of these and it would just be a piece of cake... I will never make that mistake again. I finished in 2 hours! My PR is 1:44 and I was hoping to be right around that mark, not even close! I am excited to say that now I have that weight off my shoulders and I can start adding more sprint work with the long distance to my Crossfit training. Unfortunately I had been traveling to Detroit for work and have not had the time I would like to devote to traing.

We are closing on our new house tomorrow and that should help so I can set up my new gym area. I love having a place at home that i can work out at whenever I fell like it.

So after all is said and done we now have learned to train for distance runs but if you can't finish try to bring people down with you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment